Shruthi popularity as one of the city’s leading choreographers is steadily rising. She has over a decade’s experience in choreography and has worked with the Government, innumerable colleges, schools, dance centres and has won accolades for the same.
Her dance pieces are influenced by folk dances, classical movements and abstract art. Dance pieces that begin with improvisations are intricately layered with abhinaya, mudra and adavus. Rooted in Mohiniyattam and Bharathanatyam, Shruthi’s choreography takes a fresh look at contemporary dance by bringing in innovative movement, creative costume, global indian music and unique themes.
- Choreographed Mohiniyattam sequence for the poem “Madhushala” by Sri Harivanshrai Bachchan and was performed before Mr Amitabh Bachchan for his birthday in October 2012.
- “"Ahalya"” choreographed for the contemporary festival “Short and Sweet”.
- “Ninna Maya” choreographed for Ananya Nrithya Dhare
- Choreographed innumerable compositions in Bharatanatyam and Mohiniyattam for Monisha Arts and Natyanjali School of Dance.
- She has also choreographed for various colleges and universities such as Christ University and Sri Bhagvan Mahaveer Jain College in Bangalore and the University School of Design in Mysore.
Apart from the above projects, Shruthi has contributed many videos of Mohiniyattam through her YouTube channel (Shruthi KP) for the benefit of students and connoisseurs. She has also been featured in the trailer for the cultural website “shastram.net”, directed by Smt Girija Jayraj and is the brand ambassador for the online Indian Designer wear brand “Varnanggall”.